POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Filter & Transmit Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:31:11 EDT (-0400)
  Filter & Transmit (Message 9 to 18 of 18)
From: Chris Huff
Subject: Re: Filter & Transmit
Date: 8 Jul 1999 14:08:24
Message: <3784EA29.F1AA8319@compuserve.com>
If an existing layered texture uses filter, it will look the same using
transmit. The conversion is not that hard, and I personally would like
to be able to have filtering layers.
This is a problem with the language, if I tell it to use filter, it uses
transmit. It should do what I tell it, or at least issue a warning that
it can't.

Maybe instead of changing the behavior, we should make a new way of
specifying transparency. Keep the existing method the way it is, but add
a transparence {} to the pigment statement.
transparence {
    additive AMOUNT
    multiplicative AMOUNT
    function {blah()}//an isosurface patch type function
}
This would keep compatibility with current scenes, but make it much more
flexible.

Post a reply to this message