POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Filter & Transmit : Re: Filter & Transmit Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:30:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Filter & Transmit
From: Edward C
Date: 8 Jul 1999 21:49:05
Message: <37855511@news.povray.org>
>I vote NO, NO, and NO ! Leave it alone and go pick on something else that
needs
>it.

Are you saying we don't need to have filtering texture layers?  I do!  As
for complex textures using both filter and transmit under the current
implimentation - from what I've seen, POV simply adds the filter value to
the transmit value, and until I get pointed to specific documentation
stating otherwise, I can hardly see how this would be such a problem to
convert.  Someone could even write a very basic conversion utility which
could easily fix 95% of all textures.