POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Filter & Transmit : Re: Filter & Transmit Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:29:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Filter & Transmit
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 10 Jul 1999 01:04:37
Message: <3786D34E.66EDF7FB@Kopp.com>
Chris Huff wrote:

> Ok, that is true, how about "mis-feature"?
> Although it would break some scenes, I will bet most people used
> transmit instead of filter

You are probably correct.  Although textures created before the days of the
transmit keyword (POV 3.0, if I remember correctly), such as woods.inc and
stones.inc use rgbf heavily in layers, anyone who has created a texture
with the intent to transmit probably did use transmit.  Or, they intended
to filter, got transmit, and didn't notice that it was incorrect.

-Nathan