POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Dispersion patch Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Dispersion patch (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Markus Becker
Subject: Dispersion patch
Date: 4 Feb 1999 05:40:41
Message: <36B97974.DDA9851E@zess.uni-siegen.de>
I thought I read somewhere along the threads that
the dispersion patch has something like
ior_min and ior_max implemented. I just downloadad
it and can only find dispersion float and
disp_nelems int in the "documentation".

How is the ior dispersed across the
wavelengths?

Any tips? Or am I completely wrong here?

Markus

--

 Ich nicht eine Sekunde!!!" H. Heinol in Val Thorens

Post a reply to this message

It's done by wavelength.  The dispersion controls how far the ior
differs from the shortest to the highest wavelength.  The center
wavelength is always yellow, since that's what ior in the real world is
measured against (actually a thin line of sodium, which is yellow).

-Mike