POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Internet POV Modeller/Animator Project??? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Internet POV Modeller/Animator Project??? (Message 1 to 10 of 29)
From: Lonnie Ezell
Subject: Internet POV Modeller/Animator Project???
Date: 21 May 1998 01:15:04
Message: <3563B857.5A20E0EB@pcis.net>
Hi all!  I was wondering if there was any interest in putting together a
group to create the ultimate Modeller/Animation system for POV?  I've
got a ton  of ideas, and started to try and program it, but never got to
far.  My skills just aren't good enough to get the job done.

I've stumbled across a C++ library that allows you to write one
interface, and compile it into a number of different OS's, including
Win95 and Linux.  I thought that this would be perfect.  If there is any
interest, email me or, better yet, respond in the newsgroup....

Thanks
Lonnie Ezell

Post a reply to this message

I would be interested in working on such a project.

Lloyd

Lonnie Ezell <lez### [at] pcisnet> wrote in article
<3563B857.5A20E0EB@pcis.net>...
> Hi all!  I was wondering if there was any interest in putting together a
> group to create the ultimate Modeller/Animation system for POV?  I've
> got a ton  of ideas, and started to try and program it, but never got to
> far.  My skills just aren't good enough to get the job done.
>
> I've stumbled across a C++ library that allows you to write one
> interface, and compile it into a number of different OS's, including
> Win95 and Linux.  I thought that this would be perfect.  If there is any
> interest, email me or, better yet, respond in the newsgroup....
>
> Thanks
> Lonnie Ezell

Post a reply to this message

Better than that C++ and that library, I'd suggest going with Java.

I'm open to helping on such a project.

(Please, no Holy Wars on this one :)

Lonnie Ezell wrote:

> Hi all!  I was wondering if there was any interest in putting together a
> group to create the ultimate Modeller/Animation system for POV?  I've
> got a ton  of ideas, and started to try and program it, but never got to
> far.  My skills just aren't good enough to get the job done.
>
> I've stumbled across a C++ library that allows you to write one
> interface, and compile it into a number of different OS's, including
> Win95 and Linux.  I thought that this would be perfect.  If there is any
> interest, email me or, better yet, respond in the newsgroup....
>
> Thanks
> Lonnie Ezell

Post a reply to this message

> Better than that C++ and that library, I'd suggest going with Java.
>
> I'm open to helping on such a project.
>
> (Please, no Holy Wars on this one :)

I don't know anything about Java's capabilities...Can it really provide the
speed and power that this sort of program would need?

I'd be more than willing to learn it if everyone thinks it can handle it.  It
would definitely provide the compatibility...

Post a reply to this message