POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What do Europeans and others think of the USA Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:51:33 EDT (-0400)
  What do Europeans and others think of the USA (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: What do Europeans and others think of the USA
Date: 23 Dec 2014 10:15:01
Message: <web.549985e26a3d476f85de7b680@news.povray.org>
On the heals of a discussion in p.b.i over who has the most violent society, by
coincidence, I ran across these two videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaUfG75tdWY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqGyRtnjae8

What do you all think?

The lady echoed what then-Senator John Kerry said around 10 years ago about the
USA squandering its goodwill.  It is something that I have sensed from here in
America, but I have been outside the country only once since Kerry made that
remark, and even then, I didn't get a good sense of what the locals thought of
us.  However, I can believe it, because I myself was furious at the Bush
administration's actions, and at the short-sighted, imperialist "Bush Doctrine."

I also believe what she said about Americans having a sense of entitlement
abroad simply because they are Americans.  I have witnessed this embarrassing
behavior multiple times, and long before Bush the Lesser became president.  This
self-appointed concept of "American exceptionalism" seems to have gone to our
heads, and we seem oblivious to how pompous it makes us appear to the rest of
the world.  On the other hand, I have also witnessed the same behavior from
European visitors to the Caribbean.

Post a reply to this message

On 23/12/2014 15:10, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> What do you all think?

You are sticking your head above the parapet. With this, Cuz. ;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 23/12/2014 15:10, Cousin Ricky wrote:
>> What do you all think?
>
> You are sticking your head above the parapet. With this, Cuz. ;-)

That bad, eh?

Post a reply to this message