POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 3D Glass Sintering Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  3D Glass Sintering (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Anthony D  Baye
Subject: 3D Glass Sintering
Date: 13 Nov 2013 13:05:01
Message: <web.5283be5aa8fcaec489b5ac30@news.povray.org>
I just watched a video on youtube demonstrating a 3D solar printer that uses
sand as a sintering medium.  The sunlight is focused through a set of large
Fresnel lenses onto a hopper into which sand is loaded.

The machine is designed so that the hopper moves around while the focal-point
remains stationary, but it occurred to me that the same effect might be achieved
with a gantry-style printer using a series of fibre-optic cables to carry light
from a parabolic reflector.

A similar setup was used to create a solar-powered laser scalpel.

thaughts?

Regards,
A.D.B.

Post a reply to this message