POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A question for all the other programmers... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  A question for all the other programmers... (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Anthony D  Baye
Subject: A question for all the other programmers...
Date: 31 Dec 2012 20:20:01
Message: <web.50e23849def9113dd97ee2b90@news.povray.org>
So, I finally got Snow Leopard working on my AMD machine, and it mostly behaves
itslef...

I was playing around with a Control panel I found, called Teleport, which
creates a network based software interface for controlling multiple Macs with
one mouse/keyboard, and I thought "There shouldn't really be any reason this
couldn't operate cross-platform".

If both computers have the application running, the Master sends a signal to the
Slave telling the controller to re-raise a given IO signal.

So, I guess my question is: Is this possible, or is it more complicated than I
think it would be?

I thought about suggesting it to the software developer, but it doesn't look
like they've read their forums in a while, and it's full of spam.

Regards,
A.D.B.

P.S. Happy New Year.

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 20:16:00 -0500, Anthony D. Baye wrote:

> So, I guess my question is: Is this possible, or is it more complicated
> than I think it would be?

There's a wonderful tool out there called Synergy+ that does this.  I use
it across three displays and systems.  There is an OSX port of it, and it
is cross-platform.

http://synergy-foss.org/

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 20:16:00 -0500, Anthony D. Baye wrote:
>
> > So, I guess my question is: Is this possible, or is it more complicated
> > than I think it would be?
>
> There's a wonderful tool out there called Synergy+ that does this.  I use
> it across three displays and systems.  There is an OSX port of it, and it
> is cross-platform.
>
> http://synergy-foss.org/
>
> Jim

Next question:

Does it ever bother anyone else that all the good ideas seem to be taken?

Post a reply to this message

"Anthony D. Baye" <Sha### [at] spamnomorehotmailcom> wrote:
> > On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 20:16:00 -0500, Anthony D. Baye wrote:
> >
> > > So, I guess my question is: Is this possible, or is it more complicated
> > > than I think it would be?
> >
> > There's a wonderful tool out there called Synergy+ that does this.  I use
> > it across three displays and systems.  There is an OSX port of it, and it
> > is cross-platform.
> >
> > http://synergy-foss.org/
> >
> > Jim
>
> Next question:
>
> Does it ever bother anyone else that all the good ideas seem to be taken?

of course, the nice thing about Teleport is that the Leopard version still
supports G5, whereas Synergy appears to be i386 only.

Post a reply to this message