POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A question for all the other programmers... : Re: A question for all the other programmers... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:31:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question for all the other programmers...
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 1 Jan 2013 12:55:00
Message: <web.50e321d5b1e7c87dd97ee2b90@news.povray.org>
> On Tue, 01 Jan 2013 10:14:31 -0500, Anthony D. Baye wrote:
>
> > Does it ever bother anyone else that all the good ideas seem to be
> > taken?
>
> Yep, I'd love to come up with an untaken good idea, as that would
> certainly help pay the bills. ;)
>
> Jim

Look how well it worked for Notch.

I wonder if it could be compiled on the other system - it's OSS, so could
be worth a try. :)

I've been trying, but the configuration is set to compile only to i386 if the
DARWIN_VERSION is greater than or equal to 9, and even when I fix that, I get an
error about an unrecognized compiler flag -arch.

because Apple's gcc is a wrapper around the real gcc, which only recognizes a
subset of flags, and -arch is not one of them.  I don't have any experience with
large code-bases, so I'm a little over my head, atm.  I'm not even sure that
fixing those two things would be enough to build the project.