POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A question for all the other programmers... : Re: A question for all the other programmers... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:31:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question for all the other programmers...
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 1 Jan 2013 16:40:01
Message: <web.50e3578bb1e7c87dd97ee2b90@news.povray.org>
> On Tue, 01 Jan 2013 12:50:13 -0500, Anthony D. Baye wrote:
>
> > Look how well it worked for Notch.
>
> Indeed. :)
>
> > I've been trying, but the configuration is set to compile only to i386
> > if the DARWIN_VERSION is greater than or equal to 9, and even when I fix
> > that, I get an error about an unrecognized compiler flag -arch.
> >
> > because Apple's gcc is a wrapper around the real gcc, which only
> > recognizes a subset of flags, and -arch is not one of them.  I don't
> > have any experience with large code-bases, so I'm a little over my head,
> > atm. I'm not even sure that fixing those two things would be enough to
> > build the project.
>
> Maybe someone in the project has some advice? :)
>
> Jim

I'm currently trying to get XCode to compile it.  The problem is: The version
under leopard won't, because it claims that there are dependencies missing (They
look like they're there to me...) and there's a missing compiler flag -fsysroot.

the version under snow-leopard won't cross compile for ppc without jumping
through hoops (I have to uninstall xcode, re-install a previous version first,
minus a couple things, then reinstall the current version and make a bunch of
symlinks) according to stack overflow, that should get it to work...

*massages temples*

Why does it have to be this hard...