POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Missing 3D artists Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:11:36 EDT (-0400)
  Missing 3D artists (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: crispybacon
Subject: Missing 3D artists
Date: 15 Nov 2012 20:00:01
Message: <web.50a58ee0dd5aeefafc9697f60@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone

I'm wondering if anyone out there knows what became of a couple of Povray
artists (and hopefully their current website, if they have one).

One is H.E.Day, who has several images in the Hall of Fame and had some awesome
entries in IRTC.

The other is Mike... something. I've unforgivably forgotten his last name,
though I think it might be Miller. He did an awsome Jack-in-the-box image with
POV1 that appeared on the cover of the UK PC Format way back in the early 90's.

These two artists were among my main inspirations for playing with Povray, so
now that I'm getting back into it (after a long absence), I'd really like to see
what these guys have done more recently.

Cheers,
crispy

Post a reply to this message

> I'm wondering if anyone out there knows what became of a couple of Povray
> artists (and hopefully their current website, if they have one).
>
> One is H.E.Day, who has several images in the Hall of Fame and had some awesome
> entries in IRTC.

I once crossed his path over at Fark.com (where he was posting under the
moniker of "Broken Spork fo DOOM" between 2005 and 2008, according to
Google).  In this 2005 thread, (here:
http://www.fark.com/comments/1507984 )he said he had moved on to 3DSMax
and Maya.

According to Linkedin, he now is a senior artist at Zynga.