POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Missing 3D artists : Re: Missing 3D artists Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Missing 3D artists
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 17 Dec 2012 20:14:28
Message: <50cfc374$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/17/2012 4:08 PM, Shay wrote:
> Kevin Wampler <wam### [at] uwashingtonedu> wrote:
>>
>> Speaking of old Povers, I'm know at least a few people around here
>> remember this guy from p.o.t
>> (https://plus.google.com/102904128915733925934/posts).
>
> Uhhhhhg. Sure that's him? I remember his being fatter.

Not 100% sure, but reading through the posts it just feels right.  He
does mention povray explicitly in this post though:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/102904128915733925934/posts/CeX7aWCDP8k

> Seems no one gets as far these days. When I look at p.b.i (not often,
> admittedly), most of what I see are quickies and WI(eternal)Ps.

Maybe an artifact of p.b.i not getting nearly as many submissions as it
used to.  I feel I still see some pretty good ones on there from time to
time these days, but with p.b.i now getting as many images per month as
it used to in just a single day they're just not as frequent.

Also, thanks for the update on Jim, I'm glad to hear he seems to be
doing well!