POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Missing 3D artists : Re: Missing 3D artists Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:34:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Missing 3D artists
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 18 Nov 2012 23:25:29
Message: <50a9b4b9$1@news.povray.org>
I think H.E. Day now works as an artist at Zynga
(http://www.linkedin.com/pub/howard-day/8/303/1a1).  He has an
out-of-date site here (http://www.hedfiles.net/) with a list of some of
his CG stuff (http://www.hedfiles.net/wcpioneer/), and a more recently
updated profile at cghub (http://howardday.cghub.com/).  He also has a
Google+ page, although there's nothing you can see on it
(https://plus.google.com/105589227464020473666/posts).

Mike Miller was a povray artist who did the Cycjack image
(http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.4ce528af22d11e3cd2eefd850@news.povray.org%3E/)

as well as a number of other old nice Povray images.  I can't find an
image of the Cycjack scene, but the thread I linked looks to have the
scene files you'd need to render it yourself.

Speaking of old Povers, I'm know at least a few people around here
remember this guy from p.o.t
(https://plus.google.com/102904128915733925934/posts).

Also speaking of old Povers, anyone know what Mick Hazelgrove is up to
these days?  His website is up, but hasn't been updated in a while.  On
a search for his name an obituary from 2010 turns up, but also a Google+
page for a person of that name.  I don't know if either refers to the
Povray artist.