POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need to put a picture here Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Need to put a picture here (Message 21 to 30 of 40)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Need to put a picture here
Date: 7 Jun 2012 11:33:19
Message: <4fd0c9bf@news.povray.org>
>> I'm struggling to think of any kind of scene that would require more
>> than about 10MB of RAM.
>>
>> Image textures? Photon maps? Radiosity? Sure, those might eat some RAM.
>> But the scene itself? I can't think of a way...
>
> The scene that I am running just now uses just under 200 Meg of ram.
> There is only one poser figure and two bits of clothing.

Wait - a Poster figure?

As in, a polygon mesh??

I didn't know anybody actually uses POV-Ray for rendering polygons...

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 7 Jun 2012 16:39:35
Message: <4fd11187@news.povray.org>
On 07/06/2012 4:33 PM, Invisible wrote:

> Wait - a Poster figure?

Yes.

> As in, a polygon mesh??

Yes.

> I didn't know anybody actually uses POV-Ray for rendering polygons...

It might be quicker to write what you do know. :-P

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 8 Jun 2012 03:56:13
Message: <4fd1b01d$1@news.povray.org>
Am 07.06.2012 17:33, schrieb Invisible:

> Wait - a Poster figure?
>
> As in, a polygon mesh??
>
> I didn't know anybody actually uses POV-Ray for rendering polygons...

When was the last time you visited povray.binary.images?

Post a reply to this message