POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need to put a picture here : Re: Need to put a picture here Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:28:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need to put a picture here
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Jun 2012 04:45:02
Message: <4fd1bb8e$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 08 Jun 2012 09:11:35 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> Depressingly, it seems the POV-Ray hall of fame still looks *exactly*
> like it did all those years ago.

That is certainly true.  I'd love to see some new stuff in the HOF
myself.  But I don't have the skills to create something worthy of the HOF
myself, either, nor the time to gain those skills.

> The IRTC seems to have vanished off the
> face of the Internet too... I get the impression that POV-Ray is slowly
> going extinct, sadly.

IRTC was in the process of being resurrected, but I think there was a
problem with submissions/voting and the person who took it on didn't have
time to dig into it.  Maybe you could look at getting involved in that to
see how it could be improved - I am pretty sure the code was made
available to anyone who wanted to help.

Jim