POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tablet PCs Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  Tablet PCs (Message 43 to 52 of 52)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Tablet PCs
Date: 3 Sep 2011 00:32:16
Message: <4e61add0$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 20:49:27 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:

> But, that isn't the issue. The issue what that, to use the "in-app"
> purchase, Amazon would take a 30% cut, but then Apple would take another
> 30%, since you where buying via *their* app store. So, in actuality, you
> would be paying like 60% extra, not 30%.

Except that, of course, you're not buying via *their* app store - because
Kindle/Nook/etc do in-app purchases through *their* store.  Apple isn't
providing anything but the hardware the purchase is being made on.

And the way they've worked around it is to do it via the web, figuring
that Apple can't add a charge in for something that's purchased through a
web page.  And Apple is probably trying to figure out a way to do just
that.

Jim

Post a reply to this message