POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tablet PCs : Re: Tablet PCs Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tablet PCs
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Sep 2011 11:56:53
Message: <4e624e45$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/2/2011 23:15, Warp wrote:
>    Those anarchist dreamers who envision a micronation with no government
> and no regulations always amuse me.

About the only time it works is when the "nation" is *so* small that
everyone knows everyone else, like with aboriginal tribes. As soon as you
get to the point where you don't personally know everyone you interact with,
you need some intermediary.

And of course, the people against government don't realize even in a
situation like that, there are rules and regulations. They're just expressed
as "societal expectations."

> micronation with no military and with no connections to any other country,

I'm always amused by that, when someone says "well, let's just buy a small
island and make it legal there to sell meth and violate any copyrights we want."

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?