POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tablet PCs Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:33:42 EDT (-0400)
  Tablet PCs (Message 31 to 40 of 52)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Tablet PCs
Date: 2 Sep 2011 13:36:09
Message: <4e611409$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 12:45:53 -0400, Warp wrote:

>> What Apple wants to do is take 30% of the revenue from the book
>
>   Do you have an actual reference to this? (I'm not saying you are
>   wrong.
> I just have never heard that the 30% share applies to books as well as
> apps. It would be nice to know for sure.)

Well, I know it's the reason why Amazon and Barnes & Noble removed in-app
purchases from the apps.  Let me see if I can find one of the articles
(it probably was on The Register)....

http://www.reghardware.com/2011/08/18/app_of_the_week_ios_amazon_kindle/
is as good a starting point as any.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 2 Sep 2011 13:47:31
Message: <4e6116b3@news.povray.org>
> On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 12:45:53 -0400, Warp wrote:

> > Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
> >> What Apple wants to do is take 30% of the revenue from the book
> >
> >   Do you have an actual reference to this? (I'm not saying you are
> >   wrong.
> > I just have never heard that the 30% share applies to books as well as
> > apps. It would be nice to know for sure.)

> Well, I know it's the reason why Amazon and Barnes & Noble removed in-app
> purchases from the apps.  Let me see if I can find one of the articles
> (it probably was on The Register)....

> http://www.reghardware.com/2011/08/18/app_of_the_week_ios_amazon_kindle/
> is as good a starting point as any.

  I thought you were talking about selling books for the iPad, rather than
an app that has an in-app purchasing system for additional data.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message