POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : TMPEGenc, but for Mac? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 11:28:54 EDT (-0400)
  TMPEGenc, but for Mac? (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Tim Nikias
Subject: TMPEGenc, but for Mac?
Date: 28 Mar 2008 20:42:28
Message: <47ed9e84$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all!

After a looooooong hiatus from POV-Ray (sick with various things, along
with a nice one-week-hell of a cancer-misdiagnosis) I'm trying to get
everything tracing-related working properly on my Intel MacBook Pro.

Now, on the PC I used TMPEGenc to encode my little videos, anything as
easy, free and simple as that available that anyone knows by chance? I'm
googling around, finding various things, but I haven't hit on anything I
immediately liked so far.

All it really needs to do is convert a series of TGA images into an
MPEG-Animation, no sound (for the time being ;-), 25fps, along with a
couple of options for quality/kbps and such (if you know TMPEGenc, you
know what I mean).

Any suggestions are appreciated, sorting through the web is kinda
tedious... :-)

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>

Post a reply to this message

> with a nice one-week-hell of a cancer-misdiagnosis)

Eek!

> Now, on the PC I used TMPEGenc to encode my little videos, anything as
> easy, free and simple as that available that anyone knows by chance? I'm
> googling around, finding various things, but I haven't hit on anything I
> immediately liked so far.
>
> All it really needs to do is convert a series of TGA images into an
> MPEG-Animation, no sound (for the time being ;-), 25fps, along with a
> couple of options for quality/kbps and such (if you know TMPEGenc, you
> know what I mean).

I usually use VirtualDub on Windows, and the XviD codec. Or ffmpeg
(cross-platform, but command-line). ffmpeg seems to need some tweaking
to make it produce a working MPEG2 video; but for MPEG1 it works fine.

There is a GUI for Mac (ffmpegX), but I don't even have a Mac, so I
don't know if it's good :)

Post a reply to this message