POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : TMPEGenc, but for Mac? : Re: TMPEGenc, but for Mac? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TMPEGenc, but for Mac?
From: Yvo Smellenbergh
Date: 29 Mar 2008 00:57:58
Message: <1iejxjg.h9f1a21kvtz4wN%yvo.s@cancel_This_gmx.net>
Tim Nikias <JUS### [at] gmxnetWARE> wrote:

> After a looooooong hiatus from POV-Ray (sick with various things, along
> with a nice one-week-hell of a cancer-misdiagnosis) I'm trying to get
> everything tracing-related working properly on my Intel MacBook Pro.
>
> Now, on the PC I used TMPEGenc to encode my little videos, anything as
> easy, free and simple as that available that anyone knows by chance? I'm
> googling around, finding various things, but I haven't hit on anything I
> immediately liked so far.

There are 2 easy solutions.
First there is the magnificent shareware application GraphicConverter
http://www.lemkesoft.com/ which allows you to convert images from one
format to another.
Secondly you can by a license at apple and turn your QuickTime into
QuickTime pro.
I never tried the second solution myself but GraphicConverter is quick
and easy to use. As far as I know there is no option to add sound. I
guess you have to edit the video with something like iDVD or iMovie.

Yvo

--
MegaPOV at:  http://megapov.inetart.net