POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : TMPEGenc, but for Mac? : Re: TMPEGenc, but for Mac? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:23:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TMPEGenc, but for Mac?
From: triple r
Date: 29 Mar 2008 10:15:00
Message: <web.47ee5bf7ca5563aae42298f0@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias <JUS### [at] gmxnetWARE> wrote:

> They're getting better now though, and the next semester is up ahead, so

Good to hear.  Best of luck.

> I'll have a look at all those things, but installing 2 apps just to get
> a third, small one? ;-) I'll have to check the other 2 apps for their
> usability to me, I don't like cluttering my Laptop with tons of apps I
> don't use, just to get a single application working.

I agree entirely.  It all depends on what you do.  Personally, about 90% of the
work (HOMEwork--arghh)  I do is covered under those programs.  Developer Tools
is almost mandatory if you do any compiling and Fink is a great gateway to
things like Octave, Maxima, Gnuplot, LaTeX, POV-Ray, etc...

But if it's just not useful for you then it may be a lot of wasted space and
effort, although you can always just delete /sw for Fink and run the
uninstaller for Developer Tools.

Gee, this all sounds preachy.  Sorry for that.  And all for a simple question.
Never had anything but a Mac, but I can see the marriage to Unix winning some
converts from the Linux side and also sending a few the other way too...

 - Ricky