POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : VR Server Time
6 Oct 2024 12:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  VR (Message 7 to 16 of 26)
<<< Previous 6 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: VR
Date: 8 Apr 2015 14:20:03
Message: <55257153$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/04/2015 08:30, Thomas de Groot wrote:

> I wonder however if that could yield as precise results. The promotion
> film is too slick for that. :-)

It is too slick for me too.
Alarm bells ring when I think that it is too good to be true. Because it
will be too good to be true.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 8 Apr 2015 17:55:01
Message: <5525a3b5$1@news.povray.org>
Am 08.04.2015 um 12:17 schrieb Stephen:
> On 08/04/2015 02:04, clipka wrote:
>> Am 07.04.2015 um 20:16 schrieb Nekar Xenos:
>>
>>> Maybe a better description of what I would want would be "air
>>> sculpting". I would want to sculpt the "hologram" with my hands.
>>
>> AFAIK there already exists such software for the Oculus Rift / Leap
>> Motion combo.
>
> Well, how useful is it?

Needs work I think (haven't tested the Oculus Rift end of it yet). But
it clearly demonstrates that the technology is there already.

Post a reply to this message