POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : London under siege, a reply Server Time
18 Jun 2024 04:43:56 EDT (-0400)
  London under siege, a reply (Message 11 to 20 of 36)
From: dick balaska
Subject: Re: London under siege, a reply
Date: 7 Jun 2017 23:14:49
Message: <5938c129@news.povray.org>
Am 2017-06-07 18:07, also sprach Stephen:
> On 6/7/2017 9:35 PM, dick balaska wrote:

>> Concerned mom: "It keeps my snowflake safe."
>> Me: "Ok, so I'm a bad guy with a gun who is locked out of the school.
>> I'll just sit on that hill across the street and pick off a couple of
>> packed busloads of kids."
>>

> Mr. Popularity at the PTA. ;)

The only guy who agreed with me out loud was the HS principal.  He tried
to take the new security funds and use it to upgrade some
infrastructure. "Gotta run fibre for those new cameras".  Instead he got
a bulletproof door (surrounded by not bulletproof windows).

I would have liked to replace all of the textbooks with kindles or iPads.

--
dik

Post a reply to this message

dick balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:

> The only guy who agreed with me out loud was the HS principal.  He tried
> to take the new security funds and use it to upgrade some
> infrastructure. "Gotta run fibre for those new cameras".  Instead he got
> a bulletproof door (surrounded by not bulletproof windows).
>
> I would have liked to replace all of the textbooks with kindles or iPads.

Paranoia sells.

Post a reply to this message

On 6/8/2017 4:14 AM, dick balaska wrote:
> Am 2017-06-07 18:07, also sprach Stephen:
>> On 6/7/2017 9:35 PM, dick balaska wrote:
>

>>> Concerned mom: "It keeps my snowflake safe."
>>> Me: "Ok, so I'm a bad guy with a gun who is locked out of the school.
>>> I'll just sit on that hill across the street and pick off a couple of
>>> packed busloads of kids."
>>>

>> Mr. Popularity at the PTA. ;)
>>

> The only guy who agreed with me out loud was the HS principal.  He tried
> to take the new security funds and use it to upgrade some
> infrastructure. "Gotta run fibre for those new cameras".  Instead he got
> a bulletproof door (surrounded by not bulletproof windows).

Shakes head then buries it in the sand.

> I would have liked to replace all of the textbooks with kindles or iPads.

In the UK they could buy school books. Our schools are supposed to
supply them, gratis. But their budgets have been slashed so that big
companies can get tax cuts.

Today we are having a general election.
I was going to have a short rant about the political parties policies.
But I am too disheartened. :(

--

Regards
     Stephen