POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : London under siege, a reply : Re: London under siege, a reply Server Time
26 Jun 2024 13:14:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: London under siege, a reply
From: Stephen
Date: 8 Jun 2017 12:36:52
Message: <59397d24$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/8/2017 4:27 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Jun 2017 08:01:33 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>

>> The right to bear arm is a god given comma. So anyone who criticise it
>> is criticising God.
>
> Indeed.  We all know Jesus signed the US Constitution, after all. m-/

Ah! So it is the third coming we are waiting for, now.
At least the English say that he walked upon England’s mountains green. ;)

>> Again you have got to be seen doing something. And spending money is
>> doing something.
>
> Wasting money.  But then, we want to cut funding for things like the arts
> and general welfare - not corporate welfare, but just for those lazy
> bastards who haven't got a job.

You should be voting for our Jeremy. :)

>> Cynical, moi?
>
> You'd fit right in here. :)

What as a disruptive alien?

>>> But hey, now it sounds like because of the threat of possible exploding
>>> laptops from certain countries, they'll probably have to be checked for
>>> most international flights.  Because in the hold is so much safer.
>>
>> Is that so it is safer? I don't understand the rational.
>
> I don't either.

It must be people with bigger brains than ours.

>> But they are going to put WiFi on planes. People than then twitter they
>> are bored the whole journey. ;)
>
>  From their phones, and you get to pay for the WiFi.  Many airlines have
> started depending on people bringing laptops and tablets for in-flight
> entertainment, too - the options are now on the in-flight WiFi using an
> app or a laptop's web browser.  Which, of course, may end up being in the
> hold, even (I read recently) for domestic flights in the US.

I read last week that there are a couple of companies that are launching
satellites mainly for Aeroplane WiFi.
It makes you wonder what they did on the Mayflower, for entertainment. :-J

>>> And, of course, we have the privilege of paying the airlines to check
>>> our electronics now, too.  Hurray, capitalism. <grump>
>>>

>> Away to #@!k :)
>
> Makes me glad I don't travel a lot these days, and when I do, it's
> usually by train to Vancouver.

Me too. Not that I've ever been to Vancouver.

--

Regards
     Stephen