POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : London under siege, a reply : Re: London under siege, a reply Server Time
26 Jun 2024 13:09:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: London under siege, a reply
From: Stephen
Date: 8 Jun 2017 03:01:39
Message: <5938f653$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/7/2017 11:19 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Jun 2017 23:07:30 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>> When we had a school massacre in Dunblane. Our politicians tightened up
>> our gun laws. But I understand that would be political suicide in the
>> states. So it won't be done unless the unthinkable happens.
>
> The unthinkable has happened here in the US.  Several times.  The answer
> is always "more guns".  Ridiculous.

The right to bear arm is a god given comma. So anyone who criticise it
is criticising God.

> But let it be an "Islamic Terrorist," and we're willing to give away ALL
> of our freedoms.  How much money did we waste over here on those damn
> backscatter X-Ray machines?  Billions.

We use millimetre wave scanners. Too many X-Rays can give you cancer. [FYI]

> Know what?  They replaced them
> recently - with dogs.  The dogs were shown to be more effective.  Last
> time I flew somewhere (last year), I had to put my shoes *BACK ON* and
> put my laptop back in my bag because the dogs were that much more
> effective.  I held up the line because I'd followed the old nonsensical
> procedures.

It is hard to keep up with the rule changes.

> Seems we could've figured that shit out 15 years ago and saved a ton of
> money.

Again you have got to be seen doing something. And spending money is
doing something.

Cynical, moi?

> But hey, now it sounds like because of the threat of possible exploding
> laptops from certain countries, they'll probably have to be checked for
> most international flights.  Because in the hold is so much safer.

Is that so it is safer? I don't understand the rational.

> Along with a planeload of bored passengers because they don't have their
> laptops or tablets, and didn't think to bring a book or six.

But they are going to put WiFi on planes. People than then twitter they
are bored the whole journey. ;)

Away to #@!k :)

--

Regards