POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Uh-oh Server Time
16 Jun 2024 13:19:10 EDT (-0400)
  Uh-oh (Message 26 to 35 of 35)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Uh-oh
Date: 9 Jun 2017 11:30:07
Message: <593abeff$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 09 Jun 2017 08:02:40 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 6/8/2017 10:24 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> Yes. :)
>>
>> We'll just need a new mascot, and someone to bring up Haskell-related
>> topics.
>>

> That rules me out. ;)

LOL

From: Le Forgeron
Date: 13 Jun 2017 12:52:47
Message: <5940185f$1@news.povray.org>
Le 04/06/2017 à 14:36, Cousin Ricky a écrit :
> The fan on my computer just became louder, and I thought I detected an
> unpleasant smell during my last render.
>
> Looks like I won't be doing any renders until I get the fan replaced.

News via Facebook from Cousin Ricky:

Ouch. My computer fan is now fully busted, so no rendering, and the
newsgroup software won't log me in on my phone (most of the time it
wouldn't work on my computer either), so I have no way of communicating
directly with the POV-Ray community.

the suggested tool to fix the fan is unavailable on my island, and
neither of the on-line stores posted will ship here, so it's gonna be a
while before you hear from me.

=== end of message (edited for transmission)

Post a reply to this message

> Le 04/06/2017 à 14:36, Cousin Ricky a écrit :
> > The fan on my computer just became louder, and I thought I detected an
> > unpleasant smell during my last render.

> Ouch. My computer fan is now fully busted, so no rendering, and the
> newsgroup software won't log me in on my phone (most of the time it
> wouldn't work on my computer either), so I have no way of communicating
> directly with the POV-Ray community.

Sounds like the magic smoke is gone that makes the fan work.

I doubt it would be "affordable", but maybe if I got details on the model /
specs of his fan, I could dig up one or 6 of them over here and see how much
shipping is to ... whatever island paradise he's sipping drinks on.

Maybe he can temporarily just sort of duct an exterior fan into the case for
short periods...

Post a reply to this message

>> Le 04/06/2017 à 14:36, Cousin Ricky a écrit :
>>> The fan on my computer just became louder, and I thought I detected an
>>> unpleasant smell during my last render.
>
>> Ouch. My computer fan is now fully busted, so no rendering, and the
>> newsgroup software won't log me in on my phone (most of the time it
>> wouldn't work on my computer either), so I have no way of communicating
>> directly with the POV-Ray community.
>
> Sounds like the magic smoke is gone that makes the fan work.

It is the American Virgin Islands not Jamaica. ;)

> I doubt it would be "affordable", but maybe if I got details on the model /
> specs of his fan, I could dig up one or 6 of them over here and see how much
> shipping is to ... whatever island paradise he's sipping drinks on.
>
> Maybe he can temporarily just sort of duct an exterior fan into the case for
> short periods...

His battery was not charging either. And he seems to have forgotten that
you can use the Web view on your phone.

But then he is probably feeling as sick as a pig and not thinking straight.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message