POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Uh-oh : Re: Uh-oh Server Time
25 Jun 2024 23:29:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Uh-oh
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 13 Jun 2017 13:20:00
Message: <web.59401de2b6e1f84dc437ac910@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
> Le 04/06/2017 à 14:36, Cousin Ricky a écrit :
> > The fan on my computer just became louder, and I thought I detected an
> > unpleasant smell during my last render.

> Ouch. My computer fan is now fully busted, so no rendering, and the
> newsgroup software won't log me in on my phone (most of the time it
> wouldn't work on my computer either), so I have no way of communicating
> directly with the POV-Ray community.

Sounds like the magic smoke is gone that makes the fan work.

I doubt it would be "affordable", but maybe if I got details on the model /
specs of his fan, I could dig up one or 6 of them over here and see how much
shipping is to ... whatever island paradise he's sipping drinks on.

Maybe he can temporarily just sort of duct an exterior fan into the case for
short periods...