POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Uh-oh : Re: Uh-oh Server Time
25 Jun 2024 23:10:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Uh-oh
From: Stephen
Date: 13 Jun 2017 16:40:14
Message: <59404dae$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/13/2017 8:16 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>
>> It is the American Virgin Islands not Jamaica. ;)
>
> Somehow, I'm not going to cry for him.
>
> The last island I got to go to was Loon Island.

Well I live on a large Island myself. An archipelago if you want to be
pedantic. They have problems different from living on continents.

> Not a word.
> Not a single word, Frog-Licker.

I prefer pharmaceuticals or herb.

And in Doric (NE of Scotland dialect) a loon is a young man. As in Fit
like m' loon/quine? (How are you my young man/girl?)

> ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

Ooo! Get you with your ricky ticky Dongers. ;)

>> His battery was not charging either. And he seems to have forgotten that
>> you can use the Web view on your phone.
>
> Hmm.
> Batteries are definitely known to go bad.

They do indeed. But his laptop did not recognise his new power cable as
being a genuine Dell part. Which smells of a propriety circuit somewhere
in his machine that is goosed.

> We have boxes upon boxes of dead laptop batteries that are destined for sale to
> someone doing lithium reclamation.
> We had a power outage / one leg of the 3-phase power, and when the transformer
> got repaired, my work laptop wasn't charging - so it must have fried the
> battery.

Or the charging circuit.

> https://www.myus.com/vir/
> looks like it's about $15/lb to ship to there.

But then he would have to strip his laptop and fit it. He did say that
he was a programmer. With all that implies. ;)

--

Regards
     Stephen