POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Scots wha hae! Server Time
21 Jun 2024 01:18:08 EDT (-0400)
  Scots wha hae! (Message 30 to 39 of 39)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Scots wha hae!
Date: 20 Mar 2017 05:18:09
Message: <58cf9e51$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/19/2017 9:56 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>> >Nice one.:)
>> >Learning to cope with things going wrong is character forming.:)
> Well, I've got character in spades.  I like my quiet. If next week looks
> like it's going to be another noisy week, I'm going to probably check out
> the offsite office desk rental company (they're just a couple buildings
> down).  Just I spend a fair amount of time in video calls, and I'm not
> sure how well that works in their environment.
>
> I should talk to my neighbor - he uses them, and I know he manages a
> company from there, with remote employees all over the US.  So it must
> work OK.

It sounds like a good idea.

Did you see the news article, where a BBC correspondent in South Korea,
was talking on air and his young children burst into the room?

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/mar/10/south-korea-expert-interrupted-baby-toddler-live-tv-viral

>> >I did not know he was still alive.
> Yep, he's still hanging in there.
>
>> >Speaking of which. I hear Chuck Berry has just died.:(
> I heard that as well.:(
>
>> >I got my introduction to Classical music from someone who gave me a
>> >running commentary of Beethoven's Emperor concerto. Not as a sports
>> >announcer, though.:)
> That could've been fun.:)

I could go into it in more depth but I take the 5th. ;)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> Did you see the news article, where a BBC correspondent in South Korea,
> was talking on air and his young children burst into the room?

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/mar/10/south-korea-expert-interrupted-baby-toddler-live-tv-viral

That was hilarious. I must say though that the father did not react
well; he should have been much less strung up, more relaxed, after all
it is not the end of the world. What does it say about him?  ;-)

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 3/20/2017 12:09 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 20-3-2017 10:18, Stephen wrote:
>> Did you see the news article, where a BBC correspondent in South Korea,
>> was talking on air and his young children burst into the room?

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/mar/10/south-korea-expert-interrupted-baby-toddler-live-tv-viral

> That was hilarious. I must say though that the father did not react
> well; he should have been much less strung up, more relaxed, after all
> it is not the end of the world. What does it say about him?  ;-)

There was a bit more to it than just that video.
I'm told that lots of people thought his wife was a maid or child minder
because she is Korean and that set off another rash of threads. Even
though you can hear the girl saying "mommy".

Here is his/their follow up interview.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-39232538

--

Regards