POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Scots wha hae! : Re: Scots wha hae! Server Time
28 Sep 2024 04:26:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scots wha hae!
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 21 Mar 2017 03:24:04
Message: <58d0d514@news.povray.org>

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/mar/10/south-korea-expert-interrupted-baby-toddler-live-tv-viral

>> That was hilarious. I must say though that the father did not react
>> well; he should have been much less strung up, more relaxed, after all
>> it is not the end of the world. What does it say about him?  ;-)
>>

> There was a bit more to it than just that video.
> I'm told that lots of people thought his wife was a maid or child minder
> because she is Korean and that set off another rash of threads. Even
> though you can hear the girl saying "mommy".
>
> Here is his/their follow up interview.
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-39232538

Yes, I happened to see it real time by chance. I think the main reason
why people thought that way was the extremely tense attitude the father
showed. For me, it was tell-tale in a sense, not about maid or such but
about his own stance in life as a father and/or in his professional
career. At least, the interview had made him very nervous.

--
Thomas