POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Long threads Server Time
7 Oct 2024 13:18:57 EDT (-0400)
  Long threads (Message 433 to 442 of 642)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Short leg on.
Date: 16 Sep 2016 15:00:57
Message: <57dc4169$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/16/2016 7:31 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> Yeah, I've tried it.  Not that particular one, but there was a
>>> "specialty popcorn shop" in Minneapolis when I was a kid, and I really
>>> wanted to try that flavor - my parents thought it was a bad idea, but
>>> bought it anyways.
>>>
>>> It was just *nasty*.
>>>

>> Toothpaste, the type you bought because it was cheap and you are too
>> mean to throw it away.
>>
>> No idea why people drink it.
>
> LOL, yeah, that sounds like it.

The only other use is in Jokes.

Pat and Mick were in a bar in the Vatican when...

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 16 Sep 2016 15:57:32
Message: <57dc4eac$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/09/16 20:00, Stephen wrote:
> [...]

Good luck with following the recipe:
> Quickly open lid and pour mixture over hot popcorn; then close lid and continue
stirring (no heat) until throughly mixed.

How the hell do you stir through a closed lid?

All part of the learning experience :-) The Feegle pestered me to buy
him a Bubblegum flavoured ice lolly (Popsicle). I think he had two licks
then it went in the bin. I think the second lick was only because he
couldn't believe how nasty the first lick was.

>>> Toothpaste, the type you bought because it was cheap and you are too
>>> mean to throw it away.
>>>
>>> No idea why people drink it.
>>
>> LOL, yeah, that sounds like it.

OTOH I happen to like both Fernet Branca and Lagavulin :-D

> The only other use is in Jokes.
>
> Pat and Mick were in a bar in the Vatican when...

C'mon, finish the joke. We could do with a new fork

John
--
It's not about bravery.
It's about doing what I need to do to win

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 16 Sep 2016 16:12:28
Message: <57dc522c$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/16/2016 8:57 PM, Doctor John wrote:
>> >The only other use is in Jokes.
>> >
>> >Pat and Mick were in a bar in the Vatican when...
>> >
> C'mon, finish the joke. We could do with a new fork

Fork off.
It is racist, sexist and so anti-PC that if you don't know it. It is to
your credit.

So take your turn.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 16 Sep 2016 16:14:26
Message: <57dc52a2$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 20:57:32 +0100, Doctor John wrote:

> On 16/09/16 20:00, Stephen wrote:

> Good luck with following the recipe:
>> Quickly open lid and pour mixture over hot popcorn; then close lid and
>> continue stirring (no heat) until throughly mixed.
>
> How the hell do you stir through a closed lid?

LOL, that does seem like it would be a problem.

My favorite preparations are either just black pepper, or a mix of cajun
spices, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. :)

Ewww.  That's going to haunt me the rest of the afternoon.

>> The only other use is in Jokes.
>>
>> Pat and Mick were in a bar in the Vatican when...
>>

> C'mon, finish the joke. We could do with a new fork

Or indeed, a knife and a spoon.  A full set would be good. ;)

From: Doctor John
Date: 16 Sep 2016 16:43:34
Message: <57dc5976$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/09/16 16:16, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 07:16:47 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>>> Don't look at me. I've never read LoTR nor have I seen the films.
>>>
>>> So my move has to be:
>>> Barking
>>>

>> Barking! Barking? It fits the bill. :)
>>
>> The rain at the moment. It woke me at 04:30.
>> So I will paddle down the street to Little Venice. Paddington overground
>> station.
>
> Well, Elephant & Castle is the obvious choice after that thread.  So I'm
> going to go to Tooting Bec to change it up a bit.

So off I go to Gallions Reach

John

From: Doctor John
Date: 16 Sep 2016 16:49:47
Message: <57dc5aeb$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/09/16 21:14, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 20:57:32 +0100, Doctor John wrote:
>> Good luck with following the recipe:
>>> Quickly open lid and pour mixture over hot popcorn; then close lid and
>>> continue stirring (no heat) until throughly mixed.
>>
>> How the hell do you stir through a closed lid?
>
> LOL, that does seem like it would be a problem.
>
> My favorite preparations are either just black pepper, or a mix of cajun
> spices, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. :)

Now those sound most palatable. I shall definitely try them out.

John

From: Doctor John
Date: 16 Sep 2016 17:43:35
Message: <57dc6787$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/09/16 07:16, Stephen wrote:

> The rain at the moment. It woke me at 04:30.

I, too, was woken up about then; in my case it was the thunder that did
it. Neither the Kat nor the Feegle twitched at all. Weird, I was the one
who slept through the 'hurricane' of 1987 even though a falling tree
smashed my ground floor windows.

This morning the Kat took the adults' umbrella, the Feegle took his own
little Minions umbrella and yours truly got soaked taking the F to school

John

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 16 Sep 2016 19:09:12
Message: <57dc7b98$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 21:49:46 +0100, Doctor John wrote:

> On 16/09/16 21:14, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 20:57:32 +0100, Doctor John wrote:
>>> Good luck with following the recipe:
>>>
>>> How the hell do you stir through a closed lid?
>>
>> LOL, that does seem like it would be a problem.
>>
>> My favorite preparations are either just black pepper, or a mix of
>> cajun spices, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. :)
>>

> Now those sound most palatable. I shall definitely try them out.
>
> John

The trick is to find cajun spices that are sodium-free.  I find that salt
in cajun spice mixes ruins the flavour.

(it's also bad for my hypertension, if it comes to that ;) )

I started with black pepper years ago - a coworker of mine had done that,
and I thought it was weird, until she said "well, you put black pepper on
corn on the cob, don't you?" - so I tried it. :)

Jim

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 16 Sep 2016 19:09:49
Message: <57dc7bbd$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 22:43:35 +0100, Doctor John wrote:

> On 16/09/16 07:16, Stephen wrote:
>>
>> The rain at the moment. It woke me at 04:30.
>
> I, too, was woken up about then; in my case it was the thunder that did
> it. Neither the Kat nor the Feegle twitched at all. Weird, I was the one
> who slept through the 'hurricane' of 1987 even though a falling tree
> smashed my ground floor windows.
>
> This morning the Kat took the adults' umbrella, the Feegle took his own
> little Minions umbrella and yours truly got soaked taking the F to
> school
>
> John

Man, everyone woke up around 4 AM today.  One of our cats came into the
bedroom and threw up under the bed, waking both of us up.

Jim

From: Doctor John
Date: 16 Sep 2016 19:23:31
Message: <57dc7ef3$1@news.povray.org>
On 17/09/16 00:09, Jim Henderson wrote:

> Man, everyone woke up around 4 AM today.  One of our cats came into the
> bedroom and threw up under the bed, waking both of us up.

Thanks for that, just as I'm about to go to bed. I shall now dream of
giant felines vomiting just under my virtuous couch.

BASTARD! ;-)

John