POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Holy SciFi Crap! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 02:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  Holy SciFi Crap! (Message 11 to 20 of 29)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 9 Messages >>>
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Holy SciFi Crap!
Date: 24 Jul 2016 03:06:34
Message: <579468fa$1@news.povray.org>
On 24-7-2016 8:49, Stephen wrote:
> On 7/24/2016 12:15 AM, Doctor John wrote:

>>> Then you've not seen many SF Moves. They are all crap. Except for
>>> Forbidden Planet.
>>>
>> Oh, come on! How about (in no particular order):
>> Blade Runner
>
> I preferred the book.

Indeed. Me too. However, the movie is acceptable.

>> 2001, A Space Odyssey
>
> I'll admit to liking the second film I saw in CinemaScope.

nah. Pseudo philosophical nonsense ;-)

>> Close Encounters of the Third Kind
>
> I watched that at 4 times normal speed one Christmas.

My speed was 12 times I guess.

>> Metropolis
>
> I have only seen clips. I don't know if the restoration has been
> released to the public.

I saw an 'original' version when adolescent and recently the
restoration. I prefer my memory of the first.

>> Star Wars
>
> Grow up.

When lazy, quite enjoyable.

>> Brazil
>
> I've not seen it.

You should see it. One of the better.

>> The Matrix
> The spoon has no egg.

Not much flesh on the bones.

> I have seen Star Wars. It is one of the films that drive me non linear
> with their orbital mechanics.
>
> I saw the Martian after reading the book, which is normally a mistake. I
> quite enjoyed that.

In general, I prefer SF books (not SciFi books by the way). Just now
busy with the Culture books of Iain M. Banks.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message