POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Holy SciFi Crap! : Re: Holy SciFi Crap! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 04:27:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Holy SciFi Crap!
From: clipka
Date: 24 Jul 2016 12:22:19
Message: <5794eb3b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 24.07.2016 um 08:35 schrieb Stephen:

>> I'd disagree. For instance, I'd say "I, Robot" had a quite good story,
>> thanks to Asimov's legacy.
>
> I've not seen it so I could not possibly comment. :)
>
> I've just read a bit of its Wiki page and take your word for it being
> good. It does not refresh my memory of the stories very well.
> But they took the idea and ran with it.

"The idea"? Actually, it was a pretty big bunch of ideas they took from
Asimov, and distilled into one movie.

> I liked the day of the Triffids. It is a bit dated now but still one to
> put on a list.

Can't comment on that one. Probably had an entirely different title in
Germany.

>> I think what you really want to say is that you simply don't dig Science
>> Fiction movies.
>
> Yes, they have mostly been a disappointment. My imagination is much
> better than whatever can be put on a screen.

Granted, that's a problem with a lot of movies.

>> Besides, note that I used the comparative (well, I /tried/ to use it
>> anyway). Even among crap there's good solid crap, painfully hard crap,
>> grossly soft crap -- and amorphous plain bullshit.
>
> I see that you are a scatologist of the highest order.

You know what's coming now, don't you?

https://youtu.be/y6oXW_YiV6g

>>> Not Too Bright? (NTB)
>>
>> Nah, I guess it was more the fascination of first encounter -- the first
>> encounter with a level of crappiness never experienced before.
>
> You get some dreadfully bad moves that are a joy to watch.
> If you're medicated. ;)

Or not. Remember the dried frog pills I did /not/ take? ;)