POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Holy SciFi Crap! : Re: Holy SciFi Crap! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 04:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Holy SciFi Crap!
From: Stephen
Date: 24 Jul 2016 19:18:29
Message: <57954cc5$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/24/2016 10:33 PM, clipka wrote:

>> And that's the killer for me. I find it hard to suspend disbelief, in
>> the cinema.
>
> Then, judging from that Triffids movie I'm currently watching, I must
> conclude that it's the documentaroid intro that helps you in that
> suspension of disbelief -- since the story's premise is about as crappy
> as any ;)

It was probably the fact that I was thirteen years old when I saw it. It
was my first X rated movie.
Other than that I wouldn't take any of my film recommendations seriously.

Except for "Les visiteurs". A 1993 French film that if you liked
Blackadder you will love. Or maybe not. :)

Or "Le Dîner de Cons" that might suit your humour.

They tickle my fancy.

> Oh, and there seems to be a 2009 remake.

So I believe. I remember when it came out.
I want to keep my (false) memories. ;)

--

Regards
     Stephen