POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cheddar Gorge, anyone? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  Cheddar Gorge, anyone? (Message 39 to 48 of 68)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Cheddar Gorge, anyone?
Date: 28 May 2014 22:04:24
Message: <538695a8$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 28 May 2014 20:36:06 +0100, Doctor John wrote:

> On 28/05/14 20:25, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Wed, 28 May 2014 20:19:29 +0100, Doctor John wrote:
>>
>>> Total rubbish!
>>> I invoke Henderson's Variation. You, sir, are in spoon.
>>
>> That only happens when Samantha is in play on the table.
>>

> But she is. ATM she appreciating Le Forgeron's interjection
>
> John

Oh! ;)

Jim

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 28 May 2014 22:05:10
Message: <538695d6@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 28 May 2014 20:47:10 +0100, Doctor John wrote:

> On 28/05/14 20:39, clipka wrote:
>>
>> Why, yes, of course we do. But what you forget is that while those
>> rules allow a challenge to be avoided by a continuation of the
>> sentence, such a continuation would have to come from a player /other/
>> than the challanged. Besides, according to the Guildford clarification
>> of 2013 it would also have to be posted no later than 31 minutes 41
>> seconds after the challenge.
>>

> A masterful summation of Henderson's Variation. I had forgotten that the
> Guildford clarification was made in 2013.

Forgetting that might require a forfeit be performed before you come back
from Knapp.

From: clipka
Date: 28 May 2014 23:33:21
Message: <5386aa81$1@news.povray.org>
Am 29.05.2014 04:05, schrieb Jim Henderson:
> On Wed, 28 May 2014 20:47:10 +0100, Doctor John wrote:
>
>> On 28/05/14 20:39, clipka wrote:
>>>
>>> Why, yes, of course we do. But what you forget is that while those
>>> rules allow a challenge to be avoided by a continuation of the
>>> sentence, such a continuation would have to come from a player /other/
>>> than the challanged. Besides, according to the Guildford clarification
>>> of 2013 it would also have to be posted no later than 31 minutes 41
>>> seconds after the challenge.
>>>

>> A masterful summation of Henderson's Variation. I had forgotten that the
>> Guildford clarification was made in 2013.
>
> Forgetting that might require a forfeit be performed before you come back
> from Knapp.

Fortunately for him he's not even there yet.

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 28 May 2014 23:46:00
Message: <5386ad78$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 29 May 2014 05:33:02 +0200, clipka wrote:

> Am 29.05.2014 04:05, schrieb Jim Henderson:

>>> A masterful summation of Henderson's Variation. I had forgotten that
>>> the Guildford clarification was made in 2013.
>>
>> Forgetting that might require a forfeit be performed before you come
>> back from Knapp.
>
> Fortunately for him he's not even there yet.

That does mean it'll be longer...Oh, I see, that is good for him. ;)

Jim

> On Thu, 29 May 2014 05:33:02 +0200, clipka wrote:
>> Fortunately for him he's not even there yet.
>
> That does mean it'll be longer...Oh, I see, that is good for him. ;)
>
> Jim

For goodness' sake, Henderson, do keep up with the game :-D

Joh
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 29 May 2014 04:53:06 +0100, Doctor John wrote:

> On 29/05/14 04:46, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Thu, 29 May 2014 05:33:02 +0200, clipka wrote:
>>> Fortunately for him he's not even there yet.
>>
>> That does mean it'll be longer...Oh, I see, that is good for him. ;)
>>
>> Jim
>>

> For goodness' sake, Henderson, do keep up with the game :-D
>
> Joh

Seems you're not keeping up with your full name, though. ;)

It's getting later in the evening here.  Which reminds me - what are you
doing up at such a crazy hour?

Jim