POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Deus Ex: Human Revolution Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:30:42 EDT (-0400)
  Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Message 16 to 25 of 25)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Date: 18 May 2014 13:09:30
Message: <5378e94a@news.povray.org>
On 17/05/2014 09:22 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>> Best suggestion, for someone really having that much trouble on it.. try
>> watching one of those walkthrough videos, or something that are out
>> there, to get a sense of just what it takes to do things, and how.
>
> Maybe I'll try that.

Well, it's a good thing I did!

I spent hours trying to figure out how the hell you sneak from one end
of a crowded hall to the other without a single human being ever seeing
you. It seems like it's mathematically impossible.

And that I watched a walkthrough. It turns out, if you just give the guy
at the front desk a blowjob, he'll *open* the door for you (i.e., you
don't have to sneak through three floors of the building to get in), and
then you can just *walk* past everybody, without caring if they see you.

...so it *is* mathematically impossible to sneak past! Because that's
not what you're supposed to do.

(I hadn't realised it was physically possible to sneak to somebody in a
different room me to. And besides, I hadn't realised that talking to
people in-game could actually affect the game in any way.)

Perhaps more importantly, the walkthrough demonstrated that by holding a
certain key combination, you can actually SEE ROUND CORNERS. This
drastically reduces the game difficulty. The number of times I've poked
my head round a corner to see if the guy turned around yet, only to have
all 30 guards instantly go to maximum alert, surround me and kill me...

Post a reply to this message