POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Deus Ex: Human Revolution : Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 26 May 2014 13:04:37
Message: <53837425$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/05/2014 05:55 PM, Patrick Elliott wrote:
> Hacking is... tricky. Each node actually has a detection odds. If you
> are detected, you are screwed, period.

Really?

I know there's *supposed* to be a chance of not being detected, but I
find that when I capture the first node, I am *always* detected
immediately, with 100% probability. So the entire hacking minigame is
simply a question of "can you press the buttons faster than the network
can trace you?" If I didn't get detected... well then I guess the entire
thing would be pretty trivial, wouldn't it?

> Those "optional" nodes, sometimes have money in them, but often have
> more viruses, that can be used later on.

As I say, usually it's hard enough getting a hack to work at all,
without trying to capture even more nodes (which are usually extremely
high-rated).

> Note also - often the security is on a one way node - i.e., it can hunt
> you, but not the other way around. However, sometimes, in a few cases,
> the security node itself is capturable. And that, if you can take it
> out, makes things vastly simpler.

Heh. Yeah, I saw that in the two YouTube videos that deal with hacking.
Just now I was able to walk up to a terminal, capture one node, capture
the security node, and... that was it. Beat the network, with about 15
seconds still on the clock. It's almost too easy...

...but, as you say, usually the security node (or NODES) is behind a
one-way path.