POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Euclideon Geoverse Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:26:39 EDT (-0400)
  Euclideon Geoverse (Message 1 to 10 of 49)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Euclideon Geoverse
Date: 12 May 2014 23:06:08
Message: <53718c20$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irf-HJ4fBls

I'd seen about this thing a few years back, it's apparently legit.

Sexy.

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Re: Euclideon Geoverse
Date: 13 May 2014 14:31:41
Message: <5372650d@news.povray.org>
On 13/05/2014 04:06 AM, Tim Cook wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irf-HJ4fBls
>
> I'd seen about this thing a few years back, it's apparently legit.

ZOMG! INFINITE POINT-CLOUD DARTA!!!

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Cook
Date: 13 May 2014 17:06:17
Message: <53728949@news.povray.org>
What's interesting about it, from what I understand, is that it's
basically raytracing the point-cloud's data, without loading the entire
dataset into memory first.  It's only reading the pieces of information
that correspond to the pixels being rendered.

--
T. Cook
http://empyrean.sjcook.com

Post a reply to this message