POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Curmudgeon's Response Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:29:25 EDT (-0400)
  A Curmudgeon's Response (Message 29 to 38 of 38)
From: scott
Subject: Re: A Curmudgeon's Response
Date: 24 Feb 2014 03:32:39
Message: <530b03a7$1@news.povray.org>
>> Whereas I do fly a lot and I prefer to sit by the aisle. ;-)
>>
>> But that might be because I hate flying and wouldn't want to look out of
>> the window @ any price.

I love looking out of the window, you get other planes whizzing past at
differential speeds of 1200 mph, get to see mountain ranges and anything
from tiny isolated houses up to huge cities from above, get to watch all
the control surfaces moving on the wing during the different phases of
the flight. A fun one to try is to turn on your GPS navigation and watch
how the software tries to handle a car driving in a straight line at 600
mph :-)

Saying that though I always take the aisle seat on long haul flights as
I prefer to be free to walk about whenever I want without disturbing
others. Up to 2-3 hours I can manage to stay in my seat.

> In all seriousness... I had no idea clouds come in so many different
> shapes until I saw them from above.

That too, some of the sites are beautiful especially when the sun is
near the horizon. It's inspired me on several occasions to crack out POV
and play with media (and usually fail miserably).

Post a reply to this message