POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Curmudgeon's Response : Re: A Curmudgeon's Response Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:13:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Curmudgeon's Response
From: Stephen
Date: 24 Feb 2014 07:45:00
Message: <web.530b3e38a4f64c717f6b03a40@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> >> Whereas I do fly a lot and I prefer to sit by the aisle. ;-)
> >>
> >> But that might be because I hate flying and wouldn't want to look out of
> >> the window @ any price.
>
> I love looking out of the window, you get other planes whizzing past at
> differential speeds of 1200 mph, get to see mountain ranges and anything
> from tiny isolated houses up to huge cities from above, get to watch all
> the control surfaces moving on the wing during the different phases of
> the flight.

I used to like that. No problem with vertigo when sitting in a chair or looking
through a window. It just lost its appeal when I once saw the port prop, winding
down as we were making a turn to line up with the runway.

> A fun one to try is to turn on your GPS navigation and watch
> how the software tries to handle a car driving in a straight line at 600
> mph :-)

It is only recently that you have been able to switch your phone on during
flights. So how do you know? ^^

> Saying that though I always take the aisle seat on long haul flights as
> I prefer to be free to walk about whenever I want without disturbing
> others. Up to 2-3 hours I can manage to stay in my seat.

as well. There is more legroom and you get first go on the chute. ;-)