POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the greatest mysteries of screenwriting Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:28:55 EDT (-0400)
  One of the greatest mysteries of screenwriting (Message 15 to 24 of 144)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: One of the greatest mysteries of screenwriting
Date: 22 Dec 2013 11:19:11
Message: <52b710ff$1@news.povray.org>
Am 22.12.2013 16:55, schrieb Stephen:
> On 22/12/2013 9:08 AM, Warp wrote:
>> In comics the bad guy basically never dies. It makes sense: The heros
>> are not murderers.
>>
>> In movies, however, the bad guy basically always dies.
>
> So at the very best, you know the ending as soon as you know who the bad
> guy is.

... which usually isn't very hard to tell either.

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 22 Dec 2013 11:28:07
Message: <52b71317$1@news.povray.org>
On 22/12/2013 4:19 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> On 22/12/2013 03:55 PM, Stephen wrote:
>> On 22/12/2013 9:08 AM, Warp wrote:
>>> In comics the bad guy basically never dies. It makes sense: The heros
>>> are not murderers.
>>>
>>> In movies, however, the bad guy basically always dies.
>>
>> So at the very best, you know the ending as soon as you know who the bad
>> guy is.
>
> Unless it's Megamind, in which case the bad guy BECOMES the good guy
> after the good guy resigns and the bad guy creates a badder guy who
> tries to destroy the city and then they do a laser show to Welcome To
> The Jungle and have an epic battle that ends in OLLO...
>
> ....wait, that didn't make any sense, did it?

It makes perfect sense.
The good guy wins.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 22 Dec 2013 11:30:08
Message: <52b71390$1@news.povray.org>
On 22/12/2013 4:19 PM, clipka wrote:
>> So at the very best, you know the ending as soon as you know who the bad
>> guy is.
>
> ... which usually isn't very hard to tell either.

Indeed and he often has, what passes for, an English accent, too.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 22 Dec 2013 12:25:28
Message: <52b72088$1@news.povray.org>
>>> So at the very best, you know the ending as soon as you know who the bad
>>> guy is.
>>
>> Unless it's Megamind, in which case the bad guy BECOMES the good guy
>> after the good guy resigns and the bad guy creates a badder guy who
>> tries to destroy the city and then they do a laser show to Welcome To
>> The Jungle and have an epic battle that ends in OLLO...
>>
>> ....wait, that didn't make any sense, did it?
>
> It makes perfect sense.
> The good guy wins.

Or rather, the bad guy BECOMES the good guy, and then wins.

And absolutely nobody dies. Although the fish nearly ended up sleeping
with the fishes... wait, what?

Post a reply to this message

On 22/12/2013 5:25 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

>>> ....wait, that didn't make any sense, did it?
>>
>> It makes perfect sense.
>> The good guy wins.
>
> Or rather, the bad guy BECOMES the good guy, and then wins.

And the good guy wins.

Moral, the good guy wins.

--
Regards