POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That was fun.... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:16:21 EDT (-0400)
  That was fun.... (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: That was fun....
Date: 19 Aug 2013 19:26:22
Message: <5212a99e@news.povray.org>
About 10 years ago, my wife and I bought a SentrySafe fire safe to keep
stuff in.  About 3 weeks ago, I tried to open the safe, and it wouldn't
open.  I've run into a situation where I might need some legal
documentation, so the need was somewhat pressing.

I'd been e-mailing, and in the end, I had to call to get help.  Today was
the day (they're only open until 6 PM ET, so I had to take time out).

I talked to a support rep, and went through basic troubleshooting steps.
No dice.  So I got escalated to a senior technician (after I got
disconnected and reconnected once at the front-line support).  We tried a
few things, and then she suggested whacking the safe with a rubber
mallet.  5 times above the keypad, 5 times to the right of the keypad.

Whap whap whap whap whap

Whap whap whap whap whap

entered the code, aaaand......

Nope.

OK, try 10 times in each location, and a little harder.

Whap whap whap whap whap whap whap whap whap whap

Whap whap whap whap whap whap whap whap whap whap

entered the code.....

[click]

Dammed if it didn't open.

And the document I needed *wasn't in the safe*.  It was in my wallet.

m-/

But they're sending me a replacement keypad and solenoid since it sounds
like the one we have is sticking.  Apparently it's a known issue.

It was amusing, though, to be escalated to a "senior technician", whose
instructions (after reviewing everything we'd already done) were to *hit
it with a hammer*.  This was what I spent about 20 minutes on hold for.

Jim

Post a reply to this message