POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is no-cost software irresponsible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:28:25 EDT (-0400)
  Is no-cost software irresponsible? (Message 111 to 120 of 230)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Is no-cost software irresponsible?
Date: 8 Aug 2013 16:38:08
Message: <520401b0$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 22:05:56 +0200, andrel wrote:

> Uhmm, you did get the sarcasm, did you?

It seems not - sorry, it's been a rough couple of days for me. :/

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Aug 2013 16:40:24
Message: <52040238$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 15:38:50 -0400, Warp wrote:

> And as said, the modern western zeitgeist is to submit to their beliefs
> and not force them.

Or to recognize that it's actually not very nice to tell people "we know
better than you" and to force them to do something they don't want.

Yes, we do need to vaccinate people against these deadly diseases, but I
don't think it's a case of "political correctness" gone wrong to
recognize that nobody has the right to *force* someone to take an
injection because *we say* it's good for them.

Jim

Post a reply to this message