POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hell has officially frozen over Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:25:37 EDT (-0400)
  Hell has officially frozen over (Message 47 to 56 of 66)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Hell has officially frozen over
Date: 22 Jul 2013 12:23:37
Message: <51ed5c89$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 05:58:11 -0400, Stephen wrote:

>> On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 10:45:38 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>>
>> > Mr. Fry says more than his prayers, when he wants to impress. IMO.
>>
>> Given his lack of religious convictions, that's pretty easy to achieve,
>> don't you think? ;)
>>

> Oh! I don’t know if you know the phrase. It means “does not
always tell
> the truth”.
>
> Stephen

Ah, that's a new one for me. :)

But I think all of us tell fibs now and again.  I don't think I've ever
met anyone who's 100% truthful all the time, even those of us who try to
be.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 22 Jul 2013 12:24:33
Message: <51ed5cc1$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 05:50:57 -0400, Stephen wrote:

> I think that if you are not used to the system it is easy to read it as
> three times seventy seconds. Then when you realise what is meant you
> laugh at your embarrassment at getting it wrong.

Oh, yes, I think so as well.  It's just that when I see a measurement, I
don't think in terms of time. ;)

> It is great how English words change their meaning depending on their
> context.

Yep, also true in other languages, too. :)

Jim

Post a reply to this message