POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : If you like rum Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  If you like rum (Message 11 to 20 of 35)
From: andrel
Subject: Re: If you like rum
Date: 22 Jun 2013 06:51:15
Message: <51C581A1.8070509@gmail.com>
On 22-6-2013 12:32, Stephen wrote:
> On 22/06/2013 11:15 AM, andrel wrote:
>> quod non*.
>>
>> *) That is a latin phrase that is sometimes used in the Netherlands.
>> Might be uncommon in other countries.
>

> Au contraire. ;-)

I couldn't find much with google, might be because Dutch pages are shown
first. Google does try to decide what I should look at.
I don't know if I told the story before, but we were once reminded that
not all latin phrases are used equally around the world when we got this
back from a reviewer from one of our papers:

Review number 2: 1) Latin, i.e. 'Mutatis mutandis' may not be
understood by all. A goal of all published works should be clarity.

Do I need to point out the irony?

--
Everytime the IT department forbids something that a researcher deems
necessary for her work there will be another hole in the firewall.

Post a reply to this message