POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : If you like rum : Re: If you like rum Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:26:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: If you like rum
From: andrel
Date: 22 Jun 2013 08:03:23
Message: <51C59289.1090506@gmail.com>
On 22-6-2013 13:21, Stephen wrote:
> On 22/06/2013 11:43 AM, andrel wrote:

>>> Au contraire. ;-)
>>
>> Fabelhaft
>>

> I am not going head to head with a Nederlander. It seems to me that you
> are all born speaking six languages. ;-)
>
> I just meant that we use the French phrase instead of the Latin for that
> thought.

sorry I didn't get that. I thought you meant that it was not uncommon.
So that is why I was happy with the answer.

We are not born with six, but most of us have in the education system
some exposure to four languages Dutch, English, German and French. At
least when I was young. Nowadays either German or French can apparently
be replaced by Spanish, Russian, Turkish, Italian or Arab (why not
chinese?) .
I have to admit I also had Latin and some ancient Greek, so that makes
indeed 6 for me I am afraid ;)

--
Everytime the IT department forbids something that a researcher deems
necessary for her work there will be another hole in the firewall.