POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : If you like rum : Re: If you like rum Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:31:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: If you like rum
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 22 Jun 2013 10:34:29
Message: <51c5b5f5$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Cite your sources :-P
>>> Not xkcd, this time I hope?
>>
>> The Discovery Channel. (Hence, it must be true...)
>
> I accept that. (It was in colour, I presume?)

Yeah. I don't recall the exact program, but they were on some tropical
island that has monkeys - and tourists. They showed you how the monkeys
like to sneak in and drink the booze that the tourists didn't drink. (Or
maybe just didn't drink YET; they're cheeky monkeys...)

Some of these monkeys were clearly addicted to the stuff. Others were
completely uninterested. A team of scientists were studying this
phenomenon, because - they claimed - the percentages matched human
populations, which they found rather exciting.

I wonder if they ever concluded their research?

Also, did they use a chi-squared test, or a G-test?