POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Excessive theory Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:29:34 EDT (-0400)
  Excessive theory (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Excessive theory
Date: 14 May 2013 17:10:39
Message: <5192a84f$1@news.povray.org>
Sometimes, I really love Haskell.

 From the people who gave us such gems as

   "A monad is just a monoid in the category of endofunctors, what's the
problem?"

and

   "What part of

     x : σ ∈ Γ
     ----------
     Γ ⊢ x : σ

     Γ ⊢ e0 : τ → τ',  Γ ⊢ e1 : τ
     -----------------------------
            Γ ⊢ e0 e1 : τ'

      Γ, x : τ ⊢ e : τ'
     --------------------
     Γ ⊢ λ x . e : τ → τ'

     Γ ⊢ e0 : σ,  Γ, x : σ ⊢ e1 : τ
     -------------------------------
       Γ ⊢ let x = e0 in e1 : τ

     Γ ⊢ e : σ',  σ' ⊑ σ
     --------------------
          Γ ⊢ e : σ

     Γ ⊢ e : σ,  α ∉ free(Γ)
     Γ ⊢ e : ∀ α . σ

   do you NOT understand?"

today I came across this purified gold dust:

   "Every Cofree Comonad over an Alternative Functor yields a Monad."

My mind, she is blown.

(Whether this is wonderful or appalling depends on your perspective...)

Post a reply to this message