POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Excessive theory : Re: Excessive theory Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Excessive theory
From: Stephen
Date: 15 May 2013 17:02:19
Message: <5193f7db$1@news.povray.org>
On 15/05/2013 8:31 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> Depending on how you look at it, it's either fantastic that the Haskell
> guys are such giant nerds, or it's proof that Haskell is an obscure
> curiosity that doesn't live in the Real World.
>
> I of course choose the former. ;-)

And you could say that the Former chose you. (To be their representative
on Earth, that is.)

> I have several T-shirts generated with FractInt. (Remember FractInt?)

Now that you mention it, yes.
Because it was a mention in the Fractint help files that Pov-Ray could
use the RAW file output to create a heightfield. And I wanted to do a
fly-through through a plasma fractal heightfield.
One of these days I'll get round to it. * :-(

> I keep promising myself that one of these days I'm going to get around to
> building that super fractal generator and start producing new material
> for my Zazzle page...

> but it never seems to happen.

* See above. ;-)

--