POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This week's WTF moment Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  This week's WTF moment (Message 71 to 80 of 86)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: This week's WTF moment
Date: 17 Jan 2013 14:13:26
Message: <50f84d56@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 13:48:07 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 17/01/2013 12:40 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Well, there are plenty of companies that take old versions and make
>> then available for free - or commercial products that are now OSS
>> (Blender, for example).
>>

> Poser gave away early versions, then gave a discount when upgrading.
> That is how I got started with it.

Come to think, yeah, I got Poser that way as well. :)

Then there's Windows - comes free with most machines.  One might make the
argument that the cost is "built into" the cost of the machine, but
getting the identical hardware without Windows often costs more.

>> Or evening town crescent?;)
>
> Now, you are just being silly. You have read the rules as often as I
> have. :-)

Would I ever be silly about MTC? ;)

Jim

Post a reply to this message